The GISS Technology has been applied in high pressure die casting process. The GISS units were installed at 500-T Toshiba die casting machines to produce aluminum steering wheels at Summit Steering Wheel (SSW) since 2012.
Our customer, SSW, has enjoyed several benefits such as:
- Reduction of reject rates from shrinkage porosity from 30% to less than 5%.
- Die life extension to more than 200,000 cycles.
- LPG energy usage for melting is reduced by about 30%
- Reductions in lubricant usage and water treatment costs by 40%
- Reduction in cycle time due to shorter die time and spray cooling time by 20%
Besides the aluminum steering wheels, GISS Technology has been applied to various mass produced aluminum parts in different countries. The components range from ultra-thin & high-quality electronic parts to high-integrity automotive parts. Different die casting machine brands have been used with the sizes from 80-T to 2,500-T.
Various automotive parts have been applied with GISS Technology to solve porosity defect problems. Our customers can apply GISS Technology to reduce porosity (both gas and shrinkage porosity) without the need to apply high vacuum and squeeze pins. Therefore, both improved quality and cost saving can be obtained.
For further information, please contact us!